Friday, May 21, 2010

Airplanes!!

About a year and a half ago, I did a birthday cake for a little boy turning one. Just so happens, his father was a pilot, and of course they wanted airplanes! This is one of the first ones I made from home after I decide to do this as a hobby. Not being in an environment where I have lots of counter space to work, nearly unlimited supply of icing at my disposal, and all the pastry tips and bags I could dream of, I quickly realized that this would be much harder than I ever imagined, but I made it work, and continue to do so :)

The cake had regular buttercream icing (as most all of mine do, I HATE fondant!). Most of the clouds are white chocolate pieces, save for the one big poofy one on top for the candle. The airplanes are iced sugar cookies.



Lots more iced sugar cookies for the party.


A cute little smash cake for the birthday boy!



~Sara

No comments: